Wednesday, February 20, 2013

To cake or not to cake?

Hello pretties!
Today I'm going to review CAKE FOUNDATIONS.


It's mostly used in pagaents, special occasion or wahtsoever .. because of it's "heavy" coverage.

To apply it, you must use a wet sponge to stick in..
It tends to be cakey if it doesnt blend well or if you put much.
Its better to top it off by a setting powder to create flawless finish.
What I dont like about is that It can make your face look "FLAT".. Yes. Flat. but you can contour your face to add definition plus highlight to lift up and brighten your face :)


I have 3 cake foundations.

1 Nichido and 2 Kokuryu cake pans.



First of is the nichido..
Shame on me because I picked the wrong shade!
when I was on the mall, I dont test it with wet sponge. I only scratched the cake then immediately put on my wrist,then blended it. I thought It was perfect.
Its on the shade "cool pink"..
PINK. I'm not on pinkish tone. I'm on the neutral tone. So when I tested it on my face with wet sponge,
hell. my face was darker than my neck. I was like Tanned.

Gladly it is only sold at Php80.. not heavy on the pocket :)


Next is the 2 kokuryu.

I think its a japanese brand.

I'm loyal to these :)

In my highschool days... I always use the one in the big red pan like EVERYDAY. yeah! because I'm ashamed on my face. I always have blemishes. i dont want to be bared faced when I'm going school or going out.I dont know! like im not complete when i dont have makeup on. but I only applied thin light strokes with a wet sponge so that It's not obvious that I used foundation. haha!

oh and the shade for me is AMBER ROSE. Its perfect for my skintone :) plus It doesnt break me out.
it costs Php180?? (i dont remember na!) haha.

next of is the white pan.

smaller version and costs 90 i think? Its like the bigger version. all the same. but this shade is puggy pink...
Pink again! but what I like this product is that it oxidizes. :)





So this i my review for cake foundies :)

Thank you for reading my blog!




1 comments:

Danica Stark said...

great post

Please visit and follow me
Keep in touch

Beso!
Danica Stark

Post a Comment